It has been a few weeks now without a word of us so here I am again. A lot of stuff has happened outside the game that consumed most of the time spent, however, it was all part of starting work on milestone 2.
The most important bits: I have re-done the website. Along with it, I ordered a new server on which I set up all the infrastructure for developing the game once again. That was a very time consuming task but now we have a shiny new and clean box at our disposal. For those of you knowing me from the CanaryMod project: That is why the canarymod.net site is currently down. I'm awaiting a response from the new domain owner.
Now to gather some proper in-game screenshots.
Development wise, we also started on milestone 2 tickets.
Since we're using Unity 5 now, I re-wired the savegame system dramatically so it would load prefabs via the AssetBundle API instead of the Resources API. That means we don't have to load all the things into memory all at once and as added bonus, loading of save-games is now asynchronous, which means it feels more fluid.
Additionally there has been work to account for "fixed time situations". That's, for instance, inside dungeons and houses, where the time should not pass but stand still. Of course this leaves a large gaping hole for a lot of feature creep but I'll do my best not to let it in all that much. But the thought of mechanics to manipulate time is tempting!
Also, the sound system got a bit of refreshment. It too loads its audio clips from asset bundles and can be spoken to via the event system we're using.
Next thing in line: Getting some proper in-game material going. Then it's time for a new indiedb page. I think before that there will not be enough stuff to show off.
That was it for today folks, thanks for reading